Wednesday, June 21, 2006

ZEALOUS ADVOCACY, MY ASS

Now I'm no fan of Saddam Hussein (does he have any fans?), and a perusal of my blog shows I'm not too big on lawyers either these days.

Ok.

But, this story about the third member of Saddam's defense team to be killed in eight months, makes me ask, "Wasn't he removed from power? No one has to work on his behalf anymore."

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd think that "Member of Saddam Hussein's Defense Team" has to be the least desirable job on earth. Maybe it's number two to "Osama Bin Laden's Top Lieutenant."

And that's before factoring in the "attorney" part of the job.

So next time Saddam asks one of Iraq's finest trial lawyers to take on his defense, the fella might want to tell him he's doing a slip-and-fall case that day.

3 Comments:

Blogger DED said...

Maybe they're court appointed?

Besides 3 less dead Iraqi's, I wonder if the last 3 years would have been any different if Saddam had been found dead instead of cowering inside his spiderhole.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, first of all, I'm not sure Freedom would be on the march.

And then you've gotta consider how much longer it would've taken to get Zarqawi . . .

11:47 AM  
Blogger Mr Furious said...

Saddam's attorney is a WAAY worse job than OBL's henchman.

(Spoken from my air-conditioned fat ass)

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home