RANDOM THOUGHTS FROM A MUDDLED BRAIN
* What the hell was up with that pre-game show? Not that I have any objections to a bunch of motley-wearing acrobats tumbling around the gridiron with balloons or anything, but is it possible that the perfect antonym to "American Football" is "French Circus"?
* And to complete the "Mike Tiptoes Precariously Close To Accusations Of Neanderthalia" portion of this post, weren't there a lot of ads yesterday that hinged around, let's call it, "Lifestyle" or orientation? If 2000 was the Dot-Com Bowl, yesterday may have been the Gay Bowl.
And there really isn't anything wrong with that. I'm just saying. Come to think of it, if it pissed off large swaths of red state America, then I like it. More French circuses, more men sucking the opposite sides of a Snickers bar. More of Janet Jackson's floppy . . . hmmm, maybe not that far.
* Has a quarterback ever thrown a more comical collection of horrible passes than Rex Grossman did yesterday?
* Peyton got the monkey off his back. Good. Now can we hear nothing more about him until next fall? And come to think of it, not just the monkey. Let's hear nothing more about Peyton either.
* Dungy coached a helluva run this post-season. With all the excellent regular seasons he's already compliled, he really climbed in the rankings this year.
* Less than two months til opening day. And then the real season that matters is upon us. Ohhhhh, yeah.