Tuesday, April 14, 2009

THE NEIGHBORHOOD: FREE OF WEIRD DUBAI-BASED FETISHISTS SINCE 2009!

Just a brief diversion from all that angers & outrages me in 2009 America, as I update y'all about the smallest, and least perceptible, of changes to this here blog. I have decided to rename a post from September of 2006.

Yes, that's right. One of the earliest Friday Silly Movie Of My Youth Of The Day Posts, discussing none other than the mid-70's "classic" Escape To Witch Mountain, has been the source of many a mixed feeling or two. Before I changed the name, I called it "Escape To Pre-Te*n Fantasy," a reference to my own pre-teen wonderment at the beauty that was the equally pre-te*n Kim Richards.

(Yeah . . . and so what, you're all asking. And meanwhile, what the fuck's up with the goddamn asterisks, you also may be asking. When'd you go all PG on us?)

Well, you see, it's just this. As many of you fellow bloggers obviously know, the little blogtracker doohickey at the bottom of the page tracks not only how many hits I receive, but the hows and wherefroms and all that sort of stuff of those who come here. And for years now, a non-negligible percentage of those hits have come from folks google searching for "pre-te*n fantasy." Often at weird hours. Or from Dubai. Or from the offices of Goldman Sachs or the U.S. Treasury.

(I had to get a dig in, c'mon.)

At any rate, I used to be a serious blog-hit whore, so I welcomed visitors no matter what. Now? No, I'd rather not have these slobbering pedophiles coming here to look for . . . uhhh, whatever it is they're looking for.

So I re-named that old post, and in an abundance of caution, the asterisks in the body of this post. I wish these late night travelers to cease finding me. Let them find their questionable kicks somewhere else.

The perversion I've been commenting on lately is purely of a political and economic nature. Done by and with grown men, not young girls.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger steves said...

Speaking of Goldman, did you see that they reported fairly substantial profits?

12:06 PM  
Blogger George said...

Shoot, now I have no reason to come visit anymore!

Yeah, for a random Flickr-blogging I made a joke about Morgana the Kissing Bandit. Easily half of my traffic is people hitting on that entry.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Timmy Geithner said...

Thanks for taking it easy on me this go 'round, Mikey (please call me "Timmy;" that's what Lords Paulson and Blankfein call me).

You should see what I come up with "goat, "K-Y," and "trampoline."

Yeah, those Goldman numbers were super sweet, eh, stevesie? Just lop off a bad month (Decmeber was bad for everyone, right? Why count it?), and put on some trades with government money and voila! Good thing they're pricing their secondary today, too, right? Man, the coincidences are amazing.

Keep up the good work!

Timmy Geithner
Secretary of Goldman Sachs Treasury

4:09 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Gee Tim, thanks for swinging by. Very open-minded on your part.

Now how about resigning from your position at Treasury? Can you talk Larry into resigning too?

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home