Monday, August 14, 2006

FROM THE "I'M JUST SAYING . . ." FILES

I'm sure I'll check in here later in the week with a longer, far-more entertaining discussion of the Mets imminent beat-down of the Phils, still lingering a mere 15 game back.

But for the time being, just one topic that I feel needs to be addressed. A brief set of background facts, if I may:
1. October matters more than August.
2. David Wright is one of the Mets indispensible players.
3. David Wright in July/August (accuracy on OBP not guaranteed due to lack of HBP & SF data): 279/~370/457.
4. Mets just finished playing the last place Nats.
5. Wright played in all three games.
6. The first two pitcher for the second place Phils this series are lefties.
7. Wright usually kills lefties.
Why, oh why didn't Willie give him a day off in there? Can anyone explain this to me?

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the failure to rest Wright now is gonna pay off in the negative come autumn. Man, I hope I'm wrong.

* * *

And, as a bonus fact for geeky baseball fans out there (and this is somewhat relevent, as the Mets are playing them soon): The Colorado Rockies -- that's be the team that plays in Coors Field -- are number two in the NL in ERA, including a number 4 ranking at home.

And what does that mean, you ask? No idea. I guess we'll figure it out eventually.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, i have to agree, DW needs to get some rest, I was thinking the same thing this weekend.

DW probly wont let Willie rest him cuz he likes to play every day, but at some point Willie needs to tell him to shuddup n make him sit.

I heard they use magnets to keep the balls in the park in Colorado. :)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home