Wednesday, August 30, 2006

UNFORTUNATELY, IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE BEING SILENCED

In the continuing story known as "My Fear Trumps Your Rights," BBC News reports that security officials at New York's JFK airport forced "an architect of Iraqi descent" to remove a t-shirt with the words "We Will Not Be Silent" printed below some Arabic letters. Seems the officials told Raed Jarrar that "a number of passengers had complained about his T-shirt -- apparently concerned at what the Arabic phrase meant -- and asked him to remove it" or wear an alternate t-shirt, before allowing him to board the plane.

I've got an answer for those "concerned" & curious passengers: None of your fucking business!

I've also got a suggestion for those "concerned" & curious passengers: Why don't you ask him what the phrase means?

And I've got a bit of common-sense advice for those "concerned" & curious passengers: a terrorist, looking to blow up the plane, probably won't wear a T-shirt with the words, "I'm Gonna Blow Up The Plane," written in Arabic, let alone any other language.

My country grows more-and-more unrecognizable with every day. I used to live in a country that stood for liberty, for individual freedom, for respect for all. Now I live in a nation of frightened, stupid, ignorant, selfish people.

I want my country back.

6 Comments:

Blogger DED said...

Me too.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! Typo! One more try.

Just because they're paranoid, doesn't mean that the boogeyman isn't out to get them. Boo!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Otto Man said...

The only thing we have is fear itself.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing we have is fear itself.

The we are one frightened nation right about now.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, the country has been usurped and you cannot have it back.

Remember they hate us for our freedoms, so let's take them away one at a time and when they have more freedoms they won't hate us anymore.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's take them away one at a time and when they have more freedoms they won't hate us anymore

That makes a lot of sense, actually. I knew someday we'd all realize this was allllllll for our own good.

No more complaining from me. I've been silenced.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home