Thursday, October 19, 2006

A NEW KIND OF TERRORIST

Barely one month following the death of Steve Irwin, AP reports that a stingray jumped out of the water and onto an 81 year-old Florida man's boat, before stinging him, leaving a one foot barb sticking out of his chest.

And no, I couldn't have made this up if I tried. I'm neither that clever, that demented, nor that obsessed with ocean creatures. But it sure is a weird story, huh?

The guy lived, though he ain't in good shape. And scientists insist, as they did last month, that this sort of attack is exceedingly rare. I dunno.

What I do know is that we need to debate this, and we need to do it now: do the Stringrays hate us for our freedoms, or because we've exploited them with our chain stores, low-wages, and unquenchable thirst for their resources? In the meantime, the bombing of Stingray City -- 100 miles off the coast of Guam and 14,000 feet below the Pacific's waves -- commences at dawn.

3 Comments:

Blogger bdodgey said...

Poor Steve - that makes me sad. At the same time, very scared of the new mave of killer stingers.

Oh *blatant address change* - new address for blog - You'd think WMS would get old, but it never does.

Btw - blatant advert for change of blog address -

http://www.averageaustralianlawstudent.blogspot.com/

In case you were wondering, yes I have no shame!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new link, man. Just re-jiggered it on my link column. Was wondering why I couldn't get onto your old site.

Gotta keep things smooth with my first "regular."

How's the trip going? Liver hanging in there?

1:45 PM  
Blogger bdodgey said...

Having a blast, although I've been neglecting my blogging duties as of late - somthing I hope to start to rectify.

I'm hoping that someone from my family will allow me access to their liver when I get back.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home