Monday, October 09, 2006

SAVING THE COUNTRY BY COMMITTING TREASON

According to Newsweek, (H/T to The Cunning Realist), recent polls show voter trust in Republicans standing below that for the Democrats in every area: the economy, Iraq, Terror, etc. Additionally, George Bush's approval rate stands at a less-than awe-inspiring 33%. As stated by The Cunning Realist yesterday:
With the Dow trading at nominal (but, importantly, far from inflation-adjusted) all-time highs and gas prices plunging, the president's popularity hovers within puking distance of Nixon's just before the latter boarded Marine One for an extended rest in San Clemente. Yes, Iraq explains some of this, as does the Foley scandal. But to the extent people vote their pocketbooks, this strengthens my belief that this is a phantom prosperity, characterized by an uneasy and pervasive feeling of being "left behind." The public is being peppered with happy talk on the economy, reading about corporate executives becoming wildly rich, and seeing "the market" (but not the stocks most people own) hit "new all-time highs." But it's not quite trickling down, is it? The Bush administration's frustration at "not getting credit for the economy" is almost poignant. But when prosperity is narrow, it only angers those it excludes -- particularly if it's accompanied by a whiff of dishonesty or perception of piggishness. Right now, it seems the excluded far outnumber those invited to the party.
(Emphasis added). I know I'm supposed to feel good about myself and my country when Dick Cheney gets rich. But I don't. That's why I hate America and aid the terrorists.

Please join me in committing treason on November 7.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bush has been quite thorough in his war on the middle class. Someone should really start a list of all the crappy things he's done to this country. I plan to vote also, but I fear the sheep are too stupid to throw the bums out.

9:30 AM  
Blogger DED said...

I'll be there, Mike.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Weaseldog said...

If Cheney wants me to vote Republican, he can cut me a check.

P.S. I know what I am, an I'm not cheap. Be sure it has five or more zeros after that whole number.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Weas. You drive a hard bargain. Either that or your integrity is admirable.

I think Ole' Buckshot could convince me to pull that GOP lever if the check had only 4 zeroes!

Let's say he guaranteed the zeroes and let me roll a set of dice to determine the first number. 60, 70, or 80,000 maight do the trick for one election season!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, I'd change my vote for ten bucks! That's more than either party has given me so far.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But integrity, Mort. Integrity!

Whattaya think votes are for sale in this country or something??? Whattaya think we're some penny ante banana republic???

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesh.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need some shlobby money.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home