Wednesday, February 14, 2007

CHERRY-PICKED COMEDY FROM AROUND THE TUBES (I.E., MIKE GETS LAZY . . . AND HIS READERS REJOICE AT THE CHANCE TO READ SOMETHING ACTUALLY FUNNY)

A little humor to start you off today. This excerpt comes from Whoops, by Mike Sacks, over at McSweeney's (H/T Rickey Henderson):

To: All Staff
9:12 AM
Subject: Whoops, Sorry About That Last E-Mail! I'd just like to apologize for the last e-mail, which I sent to "All Staff." I meant to send it to my friend Alex Stafford. It was a mistake. Sorry.

- - - -

To: All Staff
10:14 AM
Subject: Clarification on Apology E-Mail! I want to apologize for not being entirely clear in my last e-mail. Let me try to be more specific: Originally, I was attempting to send my friend Alex Stafford (not All Staff) an e-mail on horses and how I've always liked to watch horses run. I then made a leap into the realm of the imaginary. Again, I do apologize.

I encourage you to read on. It's very funny, in a bizarre way. Especially if you like stories about horses, mythical horses, female co-workers in oddly compromising positions, and/or combos of all three.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rickey said...

I think the best part of it is how the subject titles of the reply emails become increasingly alarmed:

Subject: re: what the f**k?!

Subject: re: You Have More Explaining to Do About Those Images!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all good. Just great from start to finish.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home