Thursday, May 10, 2007

PREPARE TO BOW BEFORE MY GREATNESS

(Even more than usual, that is).

And why am demanding that you practice your genuflection? Because the long-awaited I-Pod has arrived! As soon as I manage to load all my spectacular tunage into the device (which, knowing me, should be sometime in 2009), I will join the other 87.4% of bloggers and egocentrically post random samplings of my random I-Pod shuffling.

And has anyone requested such a thing? No! Has anyone so much as hinted they wanna see so much as half a post on this utterly self-referential subject? No! Will that stop me from doing it once a week anyhow? Well, you can fill in that answer.

(Don't ever accuse me of jealously guarding aspects of my life no one cares about.)

Incidently, the thing arrived without with a hitch. The on-line Apple store made quite a big deal over the fact that a signature would be required upon delivery, followed by all manner of special instructions how to deal with this, waive this, overcome this, etc. So what happened yesterday?

I worked late and someone buzzed at 8:00 pm. Mrs. Mike asked who it was & he informed her he had a delivery for Mr. Mike*, something that'd been mistakenly delivered to his house. When she went to the door, the good citizen had disappeared, leaving only the Apple box in his stead!

Good thing they require a signature. I guess they're not very particular as to whose signature it is. Next door neighbor, random pedestrian, homeless guy, the guy who delivers the package, the ghost of John Hancock, doesn't matter. Just sign and deliver.

Anyhow, I plan to start loading this weekend, assuming I'm not too swamped with work (yes, you read that correctly. Welcome back to full-time lawyerdom). And then the first Random music lists should arrive, never to go away.
--------------------------------------------
* Not my real name. As I've said before, "Mike Mike" would be a really silly name. I may be a really silly man, but my name is actually very ordinary.

(And that IS NOT an invitation for the handful of you who know my real name to go posting it! You've been forewarned.)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Toast said...

Which one did you get? 30 GB at least, I hope...

10:14 AM  
Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

Bah humbug... I don't like music enough to get one of those things.

And I thought your name was Mike McMike?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Mr Furious said...

My money's on Mike O'Mike. Or maybe Mike Michaels...

Welcome to the club, btw. The iPod is a fantastic toy.

11:37 AM  
Blogger George said...

The iPod is a fantastic toy, but iTunes is a bitch-and-a-half; it's as if they went and tried to design the least user-friendly software and interface. I know it's all aobut getting you to buy again and buy more, but it still pisses me off.

You'll see, Snoop Mikey Mike.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought your name was Bret Michaels. How could I have been so wrong.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mike. I hope you enjoy it.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand it.
I was somehow spared possession lust. Never cared what I drove. As far as computing, just tell me which buttons to pound. Wearing ear phones all the time doesn't seem very sociable. But if it makes you happy, it tickles me plumb to death.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumplestilkskin??

5:44 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

30 GB at least, I hope...

But, of course.

Mike McMike, Mike McMike

I'm a member of the tribe. Unless it's O'Mikestein or McMikestein, not working.

Snoop Mikey Mike.

Definitely not.

Bret Michaels

I should poison you for saying that.

I hope you enjoy it.

You know I will.

I was somehow spared possession lust.

Me too.

Never cared what I drove.

Me neither. I don;t have a car.

Wearing ear phones all the time doesn't seem very sociable.

Agree. At home to generate random mixes, at the gym, on airplanes for long flights.

if it makes you happy

It will. If it means (a) Random Ten posts on the blog, (b) no more skipping CDs when I run, or (c) more song selection for 5+ hour floghts on vacation or for work, then I'm happy.

As to "owning the thing," who cares?

Rumplestilkskin

???

Mort, you off the meds again? ;-)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home