Friday, June 15, 2007

MY APOLOGIES . . . AND EXPLANATION

Today looks to be my easiest day this week, meaning I have about 5 minutes to spare this morning. Not enough time to write a proper post, but enough time to say . . . I have Been Fucking Swamped At Work. Simple as that.

Much of the work has been pretty cool, so I'm not really complaining. Writing the complaint in a major federal securities case, dealing with discovery in another. Juggling a few other balls too. Late nights, mornings needed to catch up on sleep. Etcetera. Any lawyers in the house know the drill. Anyone married to a lawyer knows the drill too (Mrs. Mike hasn't seen too much of me this week).

Any non-lawyers already think I'm nuts, so no new bridges crossed there.

I've wanted to post, but obviously it just wasn't in the cards. As some of you know, I've blogged every weekday except for holidays (and one two week vacation last fall) since April 2006. It bummed me out in no small way this past Tuesday that I missed a post. But I literally didn't have the time to do it.

Anyhow, I'll be busy again next week, and I'm not really sure I'll be able to post 5 times in 5 days. But I definitely plan to get to it as often as possible. We'll see how it goes.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea you were the Cal Ripken of blogging. Figures that when you finally missed a post, it was because you were off juggling your balls.

7:28 AM  
Blogger George said...

Maybe the Mets would be doing better if you paid attention? Perhaps they think you don't care?

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work if a fine thing if taken in moderation.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I meant.

1:12 PM  
Blogger DED said...

Blogging every day requires a serious commitment. I certainly can't do it. Don't sweat it. Unless blogging is your primary source of income, the job always comes first. Then sleep.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Toast said...

Dude, your new job sucks.

BTW, Chien-Ming Wang left a message for you. He wants to know how you like him now. And I think he said "Bee-yotch" at the end, but it was a little unclear with his accent.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home