Wednesday, May 30, 2007

BREAKING NEWS

Well, it seems The Decider has . . . well, decided on his nominee for lackey President of the World Bank. Yea!

(By the way, anyone else find humor in the fact that the US President chooses the head of the World Bank?)

You can probably guess what I think about the "World" Bank (and it's other half, the IMF), and I'll admit I know nothing about this Robert Zoellick character. Don't really care either.

But . . . since (a) Bush nominated him to be (b) President of the "World" Bank, and (c) we have to assume he'll accept the nomination (or why would Calculatin' George have picked him?), then I have no problem whatsoever making the following assumption:

He must be a Scoundrel.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know nothing about this Robert Zoellick character."

I believe he directed "Back to the Future" and "Forrest Gump;" was on the other end of that horrible Scott Kazimir trade; and called Mets telecasts for a spell in the '80s (including a bizarre call of the '86 division clincher).

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I thought he was a pro golfer, declared a "funnyman" by the sports press, even though the only humorous thing he ever said was his own first name.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Noah said...

I'm with you, Mike. Some hugely unknown name who suddenly emerges as the nominee for World Bank Prez tells me he's grossly unqualified and...a Bush nominee. How's he coming with all of his other nominees, by the way?

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say his chief asset is that he ain't Wolfowitz, principal architect of the Iraq victory.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Zoellick, along with directing the Back to the Future movies and Contact, was a former White House deputy chief of staff for Daddy Bush, he was the U.S. Trade Rep for Baby Bush, and he was most recently an assistant U.S. Secretary of State.

10:42 AM  
Blogger George said...

Gee, I thought this was the job for Harriet Miers.

12:24 PM  
Blogger DED said...

He may not be Wolfie, but he's cut from the same cloth.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not mine - from Shakesville - Zoellick is Kip Dynamite. With a picture to prove it.

Works for me.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it Mike, the fed gubmint is beyond repair.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I also think Harriet Miers would've been the best candidate. Since this is the "World" Bank, and not just the US, her shaky use of written English shouldn't have caused any trouble.

Speaking of which, I'm with you, Mort. But since when is the "World" Bank part of the federal government?

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually saw the word "decider" in the NYT today. Ok it was the style section, but still . . . .

2:44 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Changing the world one step at a time.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home