Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BRIEF UPDATE

Yes, I'm alive and actually doing quite well. I've been VERY busy at work. In fact, this is the busiest stretch I've ever had, at this or any other job. 12, 14 hour days, every day, and I've been putting in quite a bit of time over the weekend as well.

I also don't see this changing any time soon as the schedule in the case I'm on is expedited and aggressive. Plus, a lot of traveling should be in my near (and mid-term, and distant) future.

That said, I'm really enjoying the work. Very exciting, lots of action, constant battling over this and that. It's tiring and often stressful, but at its core it's what I signed up for when I got into litigation. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm senior enough that the amount of real "lawyering" starts to balance all the busy work, the shit work, the hierarchical stuff, and all the hours. We'll see how it keeps going.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

We will keep visiting! We've missed your economic posts, though...and now there's the health care debacle. Maybe we'll try to sober-up over at ATK and pick up the slack.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Agi said...

Glad to hear that things are going great with your job, especially during these economic times.

Let me know if your travels ever bring you to Orange County.

9:18 AM  
Blogger George said...

Here's to all the real lawyering you can handle!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous waitingforthealiens said...

Glad you're okay. Be very considerate of Mrs. Mike's feelings. Mrs. WFTA died on June 7 from adreno-cortical cancer. She was 52. There is nothing I wouldn't give for another 28 years with her.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

WFTA - My god, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you have people to spend some time with.

How are you doing, all things considered?

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All thing considered, I'm doing okay. Probably should not have brought it up in your comments section, but since you're my best buddy on the whole world-wide-web, I thought you ought to know.

It is a tremendous sadness, but also a tremendous relief. It has been a time of great discovery, but discovery not yet reconciled and cataloged. I only know for sure that I'll never have to do anything this hard again.

And thanks. I know you mean it.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous wfta said...

should have been "wfta said..."

3:02 PM  
Blogger Rickey said...

Busy is always a good thing. Hang in there, and most importantly, remember to make good eye contact. That's key.

7:30 PM  
Blogger DED said...

Mike: Busy is good, especially during a recession.

WFTA: I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the healing process is swift.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home