Tuesday, April 03, 2007

NEWS OF THE NABE

Those of you who actually & ill-advisedly read every word I write may recall last week that I said I had interesting developments on the job front. And those of you with strong observational skills may also note that about a month or two back, the "About Me" section of this blog, to the right of this post, changed from:
"I'm a lawyer in my late 30s, and I'm looking to do something other than the practice of law"
to:
"I'm a lawyer in my late 30s, and after looking for a way to do something other than the practice of law, I'm resigned to the fact that I can't earn bupkis doing anything else."
Bupkis ain't too much, you see, and less than "ain't too much" doesn't pay the bills in NYC in 2007. I'm sure you get the gist.

So, the thing is, I gots myself a new gig, a new job, a new version of the old grindstone to which I can put my nose. And I'm starting in less than two weeks.

Which means that I'm off from work this week & next. And then, starting April 16, it's back to work. With a vengeance. Back to the full-tilt, oh-shit-this-lawyer-work-is-time-consuming thing I haven't really had to deal with too much lately.

And what does this mean for the blog? Honestly, I'm not sure. As they say, it'll be highly experimental. I'll keep blogging, that's for certain. And I plan to continue with the daily posting, but we'll have to see how it goes. And that's that.

In the meantime, however, things continue as always: random foolishness from my brain to your eyes every day. Get it while it's hot.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger DED said...

Congratulations on the new job, Mike! With any luck it'll be something that you'll like.

It's too bad that your time off couldn't have come in May when Spring was in full swing.

12:32 PM  
Blogger George said...

All the best, Mike...just as long as you keep blogging.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mr Furious said...

Congratulations on the new gig. Hope you enjoy it and it integrates seamlessly into your life.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Mike. As one of my early mentors told me, you had better be happy in your work.

By the by, I've met a number of successful people who went to law school and pursued careers in entirely different fields.

I am not sure you can waste a day before you're 35 anyway. That is about when I could find my ass with both hands.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks all.

too bad that your time off couldn't have come in May

Indeed. But I've got some seedlings working indoors as we speak. Hopefully I'll geta chance to put em in the soil later this month before the weekdays are lost.

as long as you keep blogging.

This is the plan.

Hope [] it integrates seamlessly into your life

Ask any lawyer: the job has a way of integrating seamlessly . . . and completely & utterly into every aspect of your life. ;-)

I am not sure you can waste a day before you're 35 anyway.

Well, I'm 39, and believe me I've wasted a number of days, both before & after 35.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Rickey said...

Congratulations buddy--Rickey is happy for you.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks, Rickey. Tell Jose-Jose-Jose to draw 2 walks and swipe 3 bags tonight.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Congrats Mike and best of luck. I'll hoist a beer for you tonight!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Weaseldog said...

Good luck.

We all know how hard it can be to put on your family.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new gig.

5:10 PM  
Blogger maurinsky said...

Congratulations on the new job. Hope it doesn't change the neighborhood too much!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gots myself a new gig, a new job, a new version of the old grindstone to which I can put my nose.

Glinda, the good witch of the north to Dorothy:

What the Munchkins want to know is, are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

Congrats, Mike. I hope the new job comes up aces.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks again to all. Let's not give my eulogy just yet though.

At least not for a few more weeks.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Ed in Westchester said...

Good luck Mike.
Still lawyering?

verification - geicqo
google selling ad space in the verification now?

4:11 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Still lawyering?

Yup.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Ed in Westchester said...

I must learn to read more closely. You stated as much in the post.

-1 Ed

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

As I mentioned in one of the comments from yesterday: everyone learns soon enough not to read everything I write.

Only so much time in the day.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home