Wednesday, March 28, 2007

LET'S CALL IT A RAINOUT

Sorry to all those who showed up today, baseball gloves & crackerjack boxes in hand, expecting Part II of the World Famous Mets 2007 Season Preview. I'm a bit busy workwise today (and possibly tomorrow morning as well), so there's just no way to get the pitching preview up in time and in good form.

You see, folks, the baseball season is a marathon, things can't be rushed . . .

I know, I'm a baaaaaaaad man. I'm a tease. Toss all your scorn, derision, and empty beer cups at me (no batteries, please).

But since the season begins Sunday (and since, on average, about 0.6 readers show up on weekends), I will have it up & ready tomorrow, or Friday at the very latest. And yes, that may throw this week's Friday Silly Movie Of My Youth Of The Day into jeopardy, but what can a man do?! Opening Day waits for no one. No one, I tells ya.

Anyhoo, I hate to leave you with nothing to read. So . . . just as SNY plays "Met Classics" during rain delays, I'll offer up an old post from last season (which no one will read I'm sure, but my ego demands posting it nonetheless) and a small sampling of fine Mets-related analysis & entertainment from some of the other Met Bloggers hanging around on these here tubes. So:

Here's one of my posts from last May
, following the Mets' epic three game set with the Yanks -- the one featuring Wagner's 4-run meltdown, Wright's game-winner off Riviera, Willie's shakiest managing to that point, all the fun stuff.

And now, to change things up a bit, Coop fills us in on all the details of her strange Oliver Perez obsession. (Not that sort of obsession! Coop's a baseball chick. She gets it.) It's a good read, I strongly suggest you check it out.

Moving along, Toasty Joe fills us in on what we can expect by way of the awful commercials on SNY during Met games this year. It's not a pen . . . it's a fishing rod! To ram into the hole in that guy's neck.

And finally, from frequent commenter (at least til recently, hmmmm . . .), Ed in Westchester, we get some pics from his Spring Training visit earlier this month (just to keep you in that Met mood).

Enjoy, folks. Back with Part II of the Preview as soon as possible. And . . . for your sports book needs, my Season Win Total Prediction.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Ed in Westchester said...

I've been a tad busy at work as of late Mike. Nothing personal.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ed in Westchester said...

Oh, and thanks for the shout-out.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lead on Idiocracy. I put it on my Netflix queue.

This vote is a political ploy, we aren't voluntarily leaving Iraq while Bush is in office. It does give a few repugs a chance to say they oppose the war. Maybe they can take another roll call on this issue after the next election, or the one after that.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack, wrong thread, sorry. Go mets!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ed -

I didn't take it personally. Just being manipulative & trying to make you feel guilty. ;-)

Mort -

It's actually not a laugh-out-loud movie. But I liked it. If anything, it made me kinda sad, because the satire is so accurate.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Coop said...

Thanks for the shout-out Mike!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Coop & Ed -

My pleasure.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

TIGERS!!!!!!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

"M!" "E!" "T!" "S!"

Suck! Suck! Suck!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Whoa! An attack. Hey, we both lost to the same 83 win squad last year. Why the hating?

Can't we all get along???

1:40 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

No reason. Just being ironically competitive. Like the South Park episode where the dads brawled over little league.

We actually do have something in common: mutual hatred of the Yankees.

2:04 PM  
Blogger DaveW said...

I have a nasty feeling about the Astros this season. We'll have more run production but not much of a pitching lineup. I'm reading that Vegas says we get 78 wins this year.

Meh. Let's just toss out the first pitch and get with it, shall we?

2:42 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hatred of the Yankees and Let's get to the first pitch.

Ahhhh . . . common ground.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Coop said...

Dwilkers, I've actually picked the Stros to make the playoffs this year. So you're not the only one.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home