Saturday, April 18, 2009

BLOGIVERSARY, EPISODE THREE

Yes, indeed, you read that correctly. Today marks three years since I started blogging. Here's where I said hello to the blogosphere. It's interesting to look back to April 18, 2007, where I celebrated the end of year one, noting that I had just started my then-new job and how I wasn't sure how things would change. And as many of you may recall, of course, things did change drastically, as I noted last April 18, the only post of the entire month! On that sad day I observed that in Year One I posted 560 times, versus only 94 times in year two. I was not being falsely dramatic was I said that I wasn't sure what Year Three would bring.

Well, as those of reading are aware, the financial crisis and the government's response has really reinvigorated me in a way I couldn't have foreseen. 134 posts in Year Three. Lately I've even gone back to posting daily. We'll have to see how that continues; work is set to get very busy again.

Anyhow, I want to express how thankful I am that a regular core of readers actually comes by every day to see what I have to say, often taking part in what has become an exceptionally enlightening give-and-take in the comments. Here's to one more year.

And, as a side note, I see that on Day Three of Year One (April 20, 2006), I had my first post about the economy, banking, interest rates, inflation, and that sort of thing. Only two comments to that one. And one was mine.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Agi said...

¡feliz cumpleaños!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Gracias. Y en el próximo año, El Barrio de Mike se escribirá en Español todo el tiempo.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous wfta said...

Congratulations. Nice comeback after the sophomore jinx. Sorry I haven't weighed in more lately, but I added cancer caregiver to my cv in 2008 and it's grown more demanding in every aspect.

I am with you on TARP and Public Private Partners in Crime, on the other side on STIM. Keep giving them hell.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Applesaucer said...

Happy Third!

Keep up the good work!

Sorry about all the exclamation points!

Applesaucer!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I added cancer caregiver to my cv in 2008 and it's grown more demanding in every aspect.Sorry to hear that. My best wishes to whomever it is that you've been caring for.

12:41 PM  
Blogger lisahgolden said...

Happy anniversary on your blogging!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Happy Blogiversary, Mike, from all of us at ATK. We hoist many a beer for you.

9:37 PM  
Blogger DED said...

Y en el próximo año, El Barrio de Mike se escribirá en Español todo el tiempo.

LOL. I remember enough Spanish that I was actually able to understand that sentence.

Happy Blogiversary, Mike. Keep up the great work.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I was actually able to understand that sentenceUh-oh. I also remember enough to know that sentence is probably riddled with errors.

6:33 AM  
Blogger George said...

I read your Spanish sentence really fast, so didn't notice the errors.

Thanks for being there for three years. May things happen so that you don't have to blog about the financial mess daily. (Hey, we can hope, no?)

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home