Wednesday, April 18, 2007

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY TO ME!

Yep, that's right. Today marks One Year since I opened the Neighborhood to visitors. Here, here & here are what I had to say in my first three posts on April 18, 2006.

Wow, I can't believe I've actually done this for a year, and I really can't believe that a small, but steady, group of people actually swing by every day to read what I have to say. If I can uncharacteristically leave out the snark & snarl for a second, that fact is incredibly flattering, and really makes me very happy. Like all bloggers, I'd expect, I had my fleeting dreams that the masses would come teeming in, poring over my words by the millions, making me the newest rival to Kos & Atrios and the gang. And those dreams were gone by week 2, as I realized it's hard to write something of quality every day, and harder to get people to care.

That said, like all bloggers, I'd also suspect, I feared that I'd write every day, and after a few months I'd have an audience of 3, each of whom swung by merely to keep me from growing despondent and slitting my wrists. And the fact that I was somehow able to create a forum that slid into the great grey-zone somewhere between between those two extremes is a fact I'll always be proud of.

Anyhow, enough about me. I really wanna thank all the regulars here. You know who you are. Keep on swinging by, and keep on commenting. I also know there are some regular lurkers, and I wanna thank them too. The idea that there are folks I don't even know who read me regularly is pretty cool. Join the commenting if you wish, or just keep on lurking. Either way.

Just keep coming by.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Otto Man said...

Congrats!

8:25 AM  
Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

happy year thingie. . .

11:21 AM  
Blogger DED said...

like all bloggers, I'd also suspect, I feared that I'd write every day, and after a few months I'd have an audience of 3, each of whom swung by merely to keep me from growing despondent and slitting my wrists.

Heh. As someone with 3 regular readers who comment and another 3 lurkers, maybe 4, I have to say, "Keep on bloggin'".

11:44 AM  
Blogger George said...

You write with the brilliance and confidence of a blog at least 3 years old--keep it up, Mike!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you! Congrats, really. It's a great neighborhood. One visit and I was hooked.

I'm glad to see daily posts, new job and all.

Here, have some cake.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

Congrats! :)

2:21 PM  
Blogger maurinsky said...

Congratulations! You have more regular readers and commenters than me, and I've been slogging away at blogging for over 3 years, so you must be doing something right. Or I must be doing something wrong, but either way, you are a better man than I, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a woman.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Ed in Westchester said...

Congrats.
I came for the Mets, and enjoyed the other stuff as well.
Here's to many more years in the Neighborhood.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Space Cowboy said...

Congrats to you Mike!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary! Here's to another year.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, dude. Keep it up.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks all.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
Congratulation on the anniversary. Sorry I missed it, but had a chance to get a colonoscopy yesterday and couldn’t say no to that. Ah, the joys of being over fifty.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks, WFTA.

(And thanks for sharing that with us.)

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home