Monday, April 16, 2007

HEIGH HO, HEIGH HO

No, not that "ho." No nappy heads, no recently deceased Hawaiian crooners. (Not even a rollicking fat man dressed in a red suit who hangs out with elves and flying reindeer.)

No. I mean it in the Seven Dwarf sense, as in . . . it's off to work I go. That's right, as alluded to over the past few weeks, today is the day that I start the new job. Back to the world of big-time lawyerin'. Oh joy.

Anyhoo, those of you who are (a) lawyers (I'm sorry), (b) married to lawyers (I'm really sorry), (c) friends with lawyers (I'm really, really sorry), or (d) have ever had the sincere misfortune of being a lawyer, married to a lawyer, or friends with a lawyer, know that my schedule, and my ratio of free time-to-work time, will change drastically.

That's just how it goes.

I don't yet know the internet policy of my new firm, but it's 100% certain that I won't be actually blogging at the office. It's also clear I won't be commenting or hanging out at other blogs as often either. Bums me out, but what are you gonna do? As to my ability to visit and comment from time-to-time, all I can say is we'll see.

That said, I plan to continue posting in the mornings & evenings at home, and very much want to remain as plugged in as possible. Hopefully the change'll be apparent only to me.

And on that note, to continue where I started, I dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in the mine the whole day through . . .

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck, my friend. I hope this place works out better than another that I won't mention.

11:18 AM  
Blogger George said...

Best of luck!

But who's going to comment on my blog now?

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta keep it on the QT when you're working for the PTB.

1:49 PM  
Blogger DED said...

Best of luck with the new job, Mike.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ed in Westchester said...

Good luck Mike.

Looks like I'm doubly fucked. I married a lawyer, and have many friends who are lawyers as well.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Applesaucer

3:41 PM  
Blogger Otto Man said...

I recommend you show up drunk on the first day. From that point on, anything you do will be seen as an improvement.

Hey, the "soft bigotry of low expectations" has worked for the Decider, so why not you?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks, all.

John - Avoiding the H&H Show has to improve things from the git-go, huh?

George - Ahhhh, you're not getting rid of me that easy. I'll still drop my words of wisdom, wit, and whatnot to drive your other readers crazy.

Ed - We are the sum of our choices. Which makes you a lawyer, I suppose. Congrats, and condolenses.

OM - It was too early in the day, and week, for that. I did, however, show up in my "I Love Satan" T-shirt, but no one seemed to notice.

6:29 AM  
Blogger DED said...

I did, however, show up in my "I Love Satan" T-shirt, but no one seemed to notice.

11:42 AM  
Blogger DED said...

Heh.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home