Thursday, November 16, 2006

GOTTA RUN . . .

No time for a full post this morning. I'm off to a round of that wonderful boondoggle known as "Continuing Legal Education," or CLE. That's right, folks. In order to charge clients outrageous hourly fees (or, more accurately, allow the firms that employ them to farm them out at outrageous fees) , lawyers have to sit and listen to other (highly paid) lawyers drone on about some arcane topic or another.

But what am I complaining about, right? As Black Francis screamed, It's Educational! (Look it up.)

So, for that reason (plus I'm hungover and I overslept) I gotta boogie soon. Maybe I'll check back in later today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ed in Westchester said...

Oh, my wife loves those. The best are the videotaped ones she brings home. I love snuggling with her as she watches them.
Just kidding. I run screaming.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you get the “shyster” t-shirt in school colors?

11:39 AM  
Blogger George said...

Good luck staying awake--hangover plus boredom equals snoozeville.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just do like I do. Pull it up on the computer -- using those internets -- hit the mute button, and check back every twenty minutes or so to see that it's still running.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love snuggling with her as she watches them.

CLE = Tranquilizer, not aphrodesiac.

Can you get the “shyster” t-shirt in school colors?

I guess I could, if I knew my school's colors. Hmmmm, did my law school even have colors?

Good luck staying awake--hangover plus boredom equals snoozeville.

I failed. Must have slept through 1/3 of it. All things considered, it even had its interesting stretches. But no match for my eyelids.

When did education become part of the legal profession? I thought you had to take acting classes.

It's comedy central here today. Unless we've learned to act like we give a crap about 90% of the stuff we do, I have to disagree with this one.

using those internets I figured if I'm gonna have to dedicate a day to this stuff, might as well do it with a live speaker and an audience. Otherwise I'd end up slitting my wrists.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home