Monday, March 19, 2007

RANDOM FLICKR BLOGGING # 0088

Tom at If I Ran The Zoo explains.

No silly captions today, folks. Just a few images of Spring . . . which is but 2 days away.

1. "---_0088," uploaded by "Shay Mozes" on May 23, 2006:

No caption required.

2. "0088-amsterdam_canal3," uploaded by "aisipos" on January 28, 2006:

I've visited in late Winter, and also in late Summer. But man, would I love to check out Amsterdam in the swing of Spring. Words fail.

3. "IMG_0088," uploaded by "Minneapolis Red Sox" on March 18, 2007:

Baseball's best pitcher mid-delivery, reminding us that opening day approaches. Not sure who was digging in against him, but whatever was on its way plateward couldn't have been terribly hit-able.

There are other images of Spring I had in mind, but I'm limited to "0088." Sorry.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The taxi service corruption scandal of 2003 in Amsterdam turned more than a few heads. They called it "gondola payola". Bree hee hee. Groans, I know...

11:08 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

There are gondolas in Amsterdam?

Mort, I need to know which coffeeshop you were at.

11:12 AM  
Blogger George said...

Ah, Johan--can't wait until he's a Met in 2009!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I want him sooner. Up for a roadtrip to Minnesota? With a sack and a car with a big trunk?

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume that is a picture of a canal in Amsterdam, and not Venice. Anyway [link]

Coffee shop? Whaa?? We brew our own around these parts.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

a picture of a canal in Amsterdam, and not Venice

That is, indeed, a gondola in Amsterdam. With a female gondolier. How can I complain.

Oh, and keep on brewin'.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll finally get to see Amsterdam this summer -- not in the spring -- but I'm looking forward to it anyway. And if it's to help the Mets, count me in on that road trip!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

How's about we kidnap Santana, and then we bring him with us to Amsterdam?

Shouldn't be too hard to swing by Shea on the way back. Not too far from JFK.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home