Thursday, July 27, 2006

WARNING CAR-JACKERS: THIS BLOW-UP DOLL IS ARMED & DANGEROUS

Reuters reports on a new product in the UK -- the blow-up "Buddy on Demand." Solo female drivers can apparently strap the strapping . . . uh, blow-up doll into the passenger seat so they'll feel safer while driving at night.

Ok.

Seems extremely silly to me (and a likely source of ribbing from a lady's female friends), but I'm not a woman, so what do I know? Hell, as a card-carrying New Yorker I don't even own a car, so I should really be asking myself what the hell I know.

But I do know that based on the picture accompanying the linked article, Mr. Demand doesn't actually resemble a "real man." To the contrary, he resembles the Automatic Pilot from "Airplane!" Or Feck's, let's call her "Lady Friend," from River's Edge (but with a closed mouth here). Look at the picture, you'll see.

So my question is: if someone is inclined to leap from his car and attack the lonely lady stopped next to him at the deserted intersection, mightn't he choose the gal who's obviously so paralyzed by fear that she's driving around with a freaking plastic blow-up doll in the passenger seat?

But that's just my take on it; what do I know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home