Wednesday, July 26, 2006

WHEN A CAT SCAN BECOMES A FAT SCAN . . .

Here with a short entry out of the "I Actually Wish I Was Making This Up, But I'm Not" Files. Reuters' Health & Science Correspondent reports that:
"More and more obese [American] people are unable to get full medical care because they are either too big to fit into scanners, or their fat is too dense for X-rays or sound waves to penetrate."
Sometimes, my utter revulsion at the subject and the substance of a story just makes me wish it would go away. Well, this is one of those. I'm nauseous just thinking about it. And for that reason, I can't talk about this anymore, but check out the article if you dare.

6 Comments:

Blogger Thrillhous said...

Remember how the ferris wheel had a sign that said "If you are shorter than this line, you can't ride"? Looks like they're going to have to put one of those on the CAT scanners.

10:43 AM  
Blogger DED said...

Looks like Reuters is a bit slow. I read about this problem last year.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thrill-

Being a vertically challenged lad growing, those damn lines were the bane of my existence. The Dragoncoaster at Playland remained but a fantasy for many moons.

And, no, I'm still not over it.

Ded-

I think they filed it a year ago, but it got stuck behind all the excess fat in cyberspace.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the joke where the vet overcharged his customers for the cat scans and the lab work.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Scrubs they sent a patient to the CAT scan at the zoo.

2:05 PM  
Blogger DED said...

Must be all those damn tubes Senator Stevens was talking about slowing down the Internet.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home