Thursday, August 17, 2006

A BRIEF UPDATE ON MY FIRST PLACE NEW YORK METS

In case any of you are wondering why I haven't posted anything this week about the fortunes & fame of everyone's favorite New York baseball team, well, here's the simple answer:

I write about the Mets because it's fun. Not world-changing, not incredibly serious, just fun. I mean, a quick glance at some of my posts shows I probably take my baseball a bit too seriously, but that's how I am, and I ain't planning on changing. But, again, it's for fun.

And the last three games have been anything but fun. So . . .

Just to show I'm following my own admonishments not to fall into Fear, I'll let you in my little Morning Mets Mantra: I will not panic, I will not panic, I will not panic. It's not like the 3-4-5 hitters are in simultaneous slumps. I know no team has ever blown a 12 game lead this late in the year. I know Pedro's heathy & Lime Time! is safely ensconced in the minors. I know we have a fine manager at the helm. I realize that--

Oh shit, this sucks! But I repeat: I will not panic, I will not panic, I will not panic . . .
-----------------------------------------------------
Update, 4:09 PM: Now that's more like it! A neat little 7-2 win. You see? That's where the power of positive thinking comes in. I did not panic, I did not panic, I did not panic . . .

Positive thinking! Who knew karma could travel to Philly so quickly? That Acela Express, man; wonders never cease.

Delgado homered twice and even tripled (!). Jose Reyes raised his RISP w/ 2-out numbers even higher than the ludicrous 408/500/857 he'd compiled before today. John Maine pitched great again, raising his K/BB numbers to nearly 3:1, with 41 Ks in 50+ IP. Good stuff.

David Wright? Well, he still needs a rest. (We're being positive, remember.)

Lead back to to 13, best record in New York, all is well again. In baseball, at least. Positive.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, thanks for the therapy session. Get all the bad stuff out, only good can follow, right?

David Wright Post All-Star Break:

29 G, 105 AB, .276/.367/.410

He's slugging .410, WHAT?

Oh no, I'm worried again.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Positive thoughts, Danny. Positive thoughts.

David Wright will slug .600 the rest of the season; Pedro's not really hurt, he's just resting up, hanging with his buds; Delgado hasn't hit .249 this season, it's really .349; Lima Time! is not in the Met system . . .

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn I cant believe that sluggin' number for Wright post ASB...wow.

Oh well, at least we're all in this lull together.

We'll be fine.

Don't panic is the phrase of the day.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Mets Beast said...

haha nice... do you usually check my blog because thats my first post in four months lol

12:16 PM  
Blogger Mets Beast said...

By the way, I didn't see our respective blogs in our links lists.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mets Beast-

I've checked your blog 7 times a day for 4 months now. Seeing you posting again . . . well, now I can make it back from the rut my life's become.

Actually, I followed your comment on Metsradamus this morning (or was it Toasty Joe?). Enjoyed you post, but noticed it was the first since the opening weeks of the season. It's good stuff; you should do more.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, I didn't see our respective blogs in our links lists.

Is that a hint to blogroll you? Ok, done.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I never panicked. I was only worried.

*Deep Exhale*

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home