Tuesday, February 27, 2007

BLOGGER SUCKS

As you may have noticed, my "comments" function isn't working today. Blogger seems to be buggy today, in general. And, the ancient version I use -- let's call it BloggerClassic, as opposed to Blogger Beta or New Blogger -- is being affected in the comments arena.

So I will request that my teeming hordes of readers exhibit patience. Hopefully the comments will be back so you can commune & communicate. In the meantime, try to resist the urge to riot. Destroying things won't help anyone.

(Except Halliburton, which could earn billions rebuilding. But they never give me my cut, so fuck 'em.)
-------------------------------------
Update -- 4:40 pm: On IE, everything seems peachy keen. So don't blame Blogger, blame Bill. You know what? Blame anyone you want, just not me.
-------------------------------------
Update # 2 -- 4:49 pm: And the comments are still down when I browse with Firefox. This is what I was talking about last month. Fucking Microsoft.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are (not so) gently nudging you towards beta. Resistance is futile.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been suspecting the same. When you switch over (necessitating a Google sign-in, rather than Blogger), do you need to make a new profile page, etc?

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and it should go without saying that I'm using IE to comment here.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm posting from Firefox.

Mike, have you cleaned out your cache?

Do you sweep for spyware on a regular basis?

What firewall are you using?

You've ignored these questions in the past, and maybe they've got nothing to do with the problem, but if you're gonna play in the Wild West, you're gonna have to arm yourself properly.

Applesaucer

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, have you cleaned out your cache?

Yes.

Do you sweep for spyware on a regular basis?

???

What firewall are you using?

???? (That'd be one "?" more than the last question).

I have all sorts of virus scanners and that sort of thing. But they work on their own.

6:50 PM  
Blogger George said...

Hey, Mike. They made me switch over to New Blogger a couple of weeks ago--I wasn't allowed to sign in on the old. It's not as bas as I thought it would be. You don't have to redo anything but the sign-in & password.

I'm posting this from Firefox, btw.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Otto Man said...

I was consumed by the pod people a month ago. Everything's fine now. Join us. Jooooooiiiinnnn ussssssss.

8:20 PM  
Blogger DED said...

I too was forced to switch over to Google earlier this month. Much to my surprise, things are actually working much better now. Seriously, I've been glitch free since the switch. I'd been thinking of ditching Blogger altogether because of the headaches I was having, but now things are fine. Firefox over here.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Ded, ditch the IE, come over to the dark side. Firefox + beta = not so bad.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ok. I switched. It was STILL buggy at first, but since I'm in the process of commenting, maybe it's working. We'll see.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home