Wednesday, March 05, 2008

FUN MEME -- YEAH, THEY MAKE THOSE

So, there's this meme been goin' around, and all the cool kids are doing it:
Instructions: Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb and take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, cross it off the list. Leave a comment with your answers. And NO CHEATING.
Fridge & Furious "officially" tagged me, but this one really seems to be a tagless meme. Anyhow, my time is limited, so let's hit it:

1. It's gettin' so a businessman can't expect no return from a fixed fight. Now, if you can't trust a fix, what can you trust? For a good return, you gotta go bettin' on chance - and then you're back with anarchy, right back in the jungle. (Angelos)

2. You're a strange person, Robert. I mean, what would it come to? If a person has no love for himself, no respect for himself, no love of his friends, family, work, something . . . . How can he ask for love in return? I mean, why should he ask for it? (George)

3. See? You made me hurt myself again! I broke my hand off completely at the wrist this time, Tina! But that's okay, Darlin', because I love you, and that's why you have to let me EAT YOUR BRAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINS! (Angelos)

4. All I know is that instead of two weeks in Atlantic City with my bridegroom, I spent two weeks in a coal mine with John Krupsky. You don't deny that, do you Walter? (Flitgirl)

5. You know Spider, you're a fuckin' mumbling stuttering little fuck. You know that? (Applesaucer)

6. Yeah, but I still like a piece of pussy once in a while. Ain't nothing like a piece of pussy, except maybe the Indy 500. (Angelos)

7. Those two yellow zinnias at the end, they're shorter now. Now since when do flowers grow shorter over the course of two weeks? Something's buried there. (WFTA)

8. You won't fuck me and I always have to drive. (Applesaucer)

9. The farmers have won. We have lost. (George)

10. Last time I was inside a woman was when I visited the Statue of Liberty. (Toasty Joe)

11. You . . . you bought all that pudding so that you could get frequent flier miles? (Rickey Henderson)

12. We are the music makers . . . and we are the dreamers of dreams. (Chris Howard)

(Yeah, I know this originally comes from a poem. But this is a movie meme. So deal with it.)

13. Allow me the pleasure of introducing you to Blade . . . Laser . . . Blazer . . . (Applesaucer)

14. I just met a wonderful new man. He's fictional but you can't have everything. (Flitgirl)

15. But feel, to the very end, the triumph of being alive! (George)

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Angelos said...

1. Miller's Crossing

3. Return of the Living Dead

6. Platoon



Good luck with #9 there. Dick.

I know who said #10, but can't remember which movie.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

No way. I think 10 is actually too easy for anyone who saw the movie.

Then again, I'd have had you pegged as someone who saw it . . . so maybe not.

Good, let some of these last 'til noon today.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Angelos said...

Oh, I have seen that one, and a lot of others. Most of them, probably. That's why I'm having trouble picking which one it was.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Rickey said...

#11: Punch Drunk Love. Damn, those are some hard ones...

9:25 AM  
Blogger Angelos said...

I think 10 is actually too easy for anyone who saw the movie.

All of 10 people?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Chris Howard said...

12. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe number seven is from Rear Window.

I knew Miller's Crossing but am largely stumped on the rest.

I was disappointed not to see,"You got bugs in them collards. You gonna have to dust 'em." (Cross Creek) and "I don't avoid women, but I do deny them my essence." (Dr. Strangelove)

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5. You know Spider, you're a fuckin' mumbling stuttering little fuck. You know that?

Goodfellas

7. Those two yellow zinnias at the end, they're shorter now. Now since when do flowers grow shorter over the course of two weeks? Something's buried there.

Rear Window

8. You won't fuck me and I always have to drive.

Drugstore Cowboy

10. Last time I was inside a woman was when I visited the Statue of Liberty.

A Woody Allen flick

11. You . . . you bought all that pudding so that you could get frequent flier miles?

Punchdrunk Love -- just saw it; liked it very much. Much more than I liked the OK, but way overrated There Will Be Blood.

12. We are the music makers . . . and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Willy Wonka

(Yeah, I know this originally comes from a poem. But this is a movie meme. So deal with it.)

13. Allow me the pleasure of introducing you to Blade . . . Laser . . . Blazer . . .

Dodgeball

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. His Girl Friday

7. Rear Window

14. Purple Rose of Cairo?

11:16 AM  
Blogger Toasty Joe said...

5. Goodfellas.
10. Crimes & Misdemeanors. Excellent choice.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mr Furious said...

11. Punch Drunk Love

11:38 AM  
Blogger Mr Furious said...

5. Good Fellas

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mr Furious said...

10. My money's on Woody Allen, but I have no idea which movie...

11:42 AM  
Blogger Mr Furious said...

Ahh, see what happens when you skip past all the comments...

11:43 AM  
Blogger the frogster said...

5. Everyone else beat me.

10. Manhattan.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 sounds like Manhattan

13 is Dodgeball

12:45 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Dang. Looks like everyone beat me. Especially to #5.

5:12 PM  
Blogger George said...

OK, so the answer wasn't Five Easy Pieces over at Rickey's, so I'll gie the answer again, but for your quote #2.

And of course I knew the Rear Window one--Thelma Ritter was one of the best character actresses of all time. Sure, it was just one character, but what a character!

1:28 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

So number 10 & number 15 remain! Didn't necessarily think they'd be the hardest, but I knew they weren't easy.

Ok, a few hints:

1. No one has ever actually heard those words spoken in either movie.

2. These two flicks came out within 3 years of each other.

3. Both lines come very late in, if not at the end of, the movies.

6:10 AM  
Blogger George said...

I did this once and damn Blogger ate my response.

You threw me off, as I know these classics in their original Japanese and Swedish.

#9 (not #10) is Seven Samurai
#15 is The Seventh Seal

And now I'm sad you didn't include quotes from Se7en or The Seven-Ups. You'd even continue the weeks' long homage to Roy Scheider with the last one.

12:30 PM  
Blogger George said...

I was kidding about the Japanese and Swedish. Didn't mean to scare your other readers off.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home