Monday, January 08, 2007

BATTLE LINES DRAWN

In an interesting development that we'll obviously be hearing about quite a bit over the next few days, the first of many potential Bush-Pelosi wars is shaping up. AP reports that Bush plans to reveal on Wednesday the latest in his never-ending run of idiotic "new plans" for the Iraq War. And, as she hinted at on a Sunday morning news show, Nancy Pelosi may lead a Democratic charge to deny the funding Bush needs to impliment the troop increase he's going to call for.

After 25 years of noodling & nonsense from the spineless Dems, I'll believe it when I see it. But man, am I rooting hard for Nancy to prove me wrong. She strikes me as a tough woman. Here's hoping.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to have hope that Pelosi will stand tough, but I really don't think she has the, ahem, cajones for it. More than likely the dems will avoid confrontation on the real issues and find some nice quiet corner of government to try to make some token gestures.

11:33 AM  
Blogger DaveW said...

Here's hoping.

I'm ready to bet money you're going to be disappointed Mike. I got $10 in PayPal I'll put up as soon as we can formulate the bet if you like - I'm especially interested in putting money on impeachment (will it happen or not).

What you are about to see over the next couple years is that what I've been saying for years is true; nothing happens up there that they don't all agree on. Hide and watch.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fear both you guys are correct. But I really hope you're wrong.

We'll see in the coming weeks. Just some tough lip service is a start after the past 6 years though.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

I would like the idea that these Dems stand up to this administration, but I see them folding in the end.

Lets start a pool on when we pull out of Iraq... I call in three years. We will be there while Bush is in office... :(

7:42 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

They have no reason to fold. It won't help them at all. Beating up on Bush is popular right now.

I think we won't be disappointed by inaction. There will be plenty of action. We may be disappointed by the veracity (or not) of the response from the Dems.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, MH, about the three year time-line. Now way we're out during Bush's term. Guess we have to get him out early, huh?

Smitty - It is popular to bash Bush. But as you suggest, is it bashing to an end, or just the appearence of bashing?

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home